Wednesday 18 March 2009

catching my train

20:48 leave college and fast walk through the underpass to the tube station.

20:51 lift is at about to go, jump in... come out the lift, realise a train has just arrived, run up and down the stairs and jump in the train just as the doors close behind me.

20:57 arrive at London Bridge tube, doors open to optimum exit route, up stairs, walk up long escalator, out the barriers, cross the station, run up the escalators to mainline station.

20:59 run up platform tunnel to platform concourse, train is waiting.

21:00 on train

I look like crap, but you do not realise how happy I am.

At this time of evening my train only runs once every 30 minutes. Normally if I try to make this effort to get my train it fails and then I wait 30 minutes for the next one, I'm all worn out for no point. But this time I made it, the relief and satisfaction is immense, soon I will be home.

Moral: Do more interesting things with your life than run for trains.

2 comments:

saya@Tokyo said...

...kinda sounds like Tokyo

mysteriousal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.