Tuesday 27 May 2008

manhattan saturday

So after a week of work I was able to enjoy a Saturday strolling around the Big Apple...
After an hour bus journey down through Jersey, the iconic thin crusted island with big fallic buildings came into view.

The weather was 'goijus' so I got me a 'kwoffee' and had a walk around Central Park.

Cloverfield but without the big monster and CGI carnage.

Headed downtown... found a not so portable, portable play station.

Adidas originals had my main man C-Law's shoes in stock. Go on!

The location of the cover for the Beastie Boys 1989 album 'Pauls Boutique'. The spot is now a cafe called 'Three Monkey's'. Hmm... that some kind of reference to them??

Had some quality meaty lunch with Dave from none other than 'Dave's Quality Meat' sneaker store on East 3rd street. Dave's a mans man, he knows about meat, bikes, sneakers and women, and meat.

A lamp post getting fierce competition from a window pane in a poem sell-off.

Evening started setting in and I got back to the Empire State building just in time for sunset. Unfortunately the queue for the top was loooooong. But whatever, I aint no tourist, pfff.

A final stroll by the river sealed my pleasant day in the city which I'm beginning to warm to. New Yoik City.

No comments: