Thursday 29 May 2008

manhattan sunday

Had a couple of hours free before my flight so had another potter around Man-hat-tan.

Neigbourhood cat (3 legs).

Neighbourhod cleaners.

Streetz artz kooooool

I never liked Kieth Harring's work back in the 80's. As a young kid I remember not liking the shapes and characters, they did nothing for me. Even recently as his work has been brought into the spot light once again, I'd get the same un-inspiring feeling, until I saw this piece. It just oozed such a good vibe and I liked the way it shitted on anything else on the streets. No-one was looking at that mega-bucks Grand Theft Auto poster advert above it.

Got some last minute shopping in courtesy of the Economy Candy shop. Those extreme sour Warheads are the first sour sweets to actually make me cry. Seriously good.

Couldn't help but be sucked in by Kermit. I think it was all the street signs and stoops making me remeniss about Sesame Street.

Anyway, nice place New York, until I lost my wallet. But thats another story.

2 comments:

mysteriousal said...

Why are there no pictures of Joel in this post???

Jeff Metal said...

Don't worry, more of Joel soon I'm sure :)