Thursday 4 September 2008

pat tree

My friend Patrick recently died of Cancer. His funeral was on Monday, but on the Sunday evening before, a bunch of us decided to do some illegal tree planting in his name!
When we were younger we would spend many a happy weekend down the 'green chain walk' getting absolutely shit-faced and terrorising each other. In recent years Patrick became a very green fingered fellow and actually had allotment plots next to this walk. So what better place to plant a tree but along the same walk, looking onto his allotment.

Digging...

Placing...

Hammering...

Voila!


We then went and got some beers and came back to baptise the new glowing cherry blosom. Then I had one of my genius photographic moments (oh yea?) and we did this...

Hope you like it Pat!

If anyone wants to check out the tree, (and I should hope it will be there for fucking while!) you can find it here.

8 comments:

S T A R S K I said...

it's very nice of you guys!
:)

Mark SPLINTER said...

best tree ever xxxxxxxxxxxx

SlayerKat said...

it's a great idea

Unknown said...

nsmacd1Fantastic effort guys - Well done!

Anonymous said...

Very Great Idea
R.I.P. to your friend

saya@Tokyo said...

sooo beautiful

tob said...

me too

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear about Pat, he was a really nice guy.
Darragh