Sunday 14 September 2008

thames fest

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day and I'm beginning to think that maybe we will get far more than our annual quota of 3 days of sunshine this year. Anyway I was couped up inside for most of the day so I had to get out before sunset otherwise I'd go mental. I headed into London and met some friends who were checking out the Thames Festival, so I checked it out too.

The only cloud in the sky.

River side rave. No chance of Jaws wrecking that party, although maybe a lost whale.

To me the idea of 'free running' or 'parkour' is great. Creatively using your environment to get around and excelling yourself in physical ability and exercise. But when it's got to the point where fake objects are set up infront of the London eye and a crew called 'Urban Freeflow' dressed in colourful t-shirts alongside a cheesy anouncer try to wow crowds - it all becomes just a little cringeworthy...

Onto better things. A man swollowing a very long balloon.

2 comments:

mysteriousal said...

Check the urban barclaycard crew all up on that pak-bore shit... dry.

Mark SPLINTER said...

man that fakeass "free" running looks like it really really sucks.